Monday, May 26, 2008

Last week in Montpellier

We have been in Montpellier for a little bit more than two months. Why and how did we get to live in Montpellier? Well first we want to live in France for a bit, Mark wanted to learn French and I just want to live life in South France. I have been travelling in France twice before, but always very fast I didn’t really have the time to experience the real “la vie francaise”. But why Montpellier? We wanted a city big enough to see places, visit and to do stuff, a city close to the mountains and the sea, but yet small enough to feel comfortable, to be able to walk pretty much everywhere, to slow down and meet people. How did we find Montpellier? it is the most pathetic story, Mark and I kept looking on the Internet to find a place in France, and we were not sure where to go and one morning Mark went downstairs to do laundry and run into this guy and started chatting, Mark told him that he is heading to France in next couple of day and the guy said – you should go to Montpellier; Mark came upstairs and told me – We are going to Montpellier!

This is the Place De La Comedie, first place that we seen as we arrived at Montpellier, it is the place to see and be seen!
Photobucket
The Opera house is on the other side of Place de La Comedie.
Photobucket
Regrets? not at all….we really like Montpellier, it is everything we wanted and more. It is beautiful, old and new, comfortable to walk around, lots of coffee shops, restaurants, lots to do, concerts, art events, sports; it is close to the mountains and the Mediterranean sea. Close to the small villages and the sea resorts.

Would I consider living here? When I left Vancouver I told all my friends that I will never consider living anywhere else than Vancouver; but now I have to admit that if I could get a job I will live in Montpellier for a year, still so much to see and to do! but it is almost time to say goodbye 

No comments: