Sunday, May 25, 2008

Philippe's visit and Caroline's dinner

Friday night my friend Philippe from Paris came to visit. I know Philippe for about 18 years; all this years we seen each other a few times, twice in Paris when I was travelling in France and stopped in Paris, and one time when Philippe came to visit Vancouver. It is one of this friendships that we both know that it will last forever, it doesn’t matter how often we have the opportunity to spend time with each other.

Where I met Philippe and how we became friends? hmmm….this is just my dear story and it is not to share.

I was very happy to see Philippe, last time was 8 years ago!
Saturday we visit Montpellier, went to see the most beautiful church in the city, cathedral Saint Pierre.
Photobucket
We had lunch at the Creperie de La Montagne, I had peasant galette and as dessert profiterole; too bad I didn’t take pictures, they were yummy!!!
Photobucket
Saturday evening we had dinner at Caroline’s place-; Chris, Cressida, Mark, Philippe and I. Caroline lives in Grand Motte in a nice house inherited from her grand mother.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We made sushi again (now that Mark and I are pros!!!) We got all the sushi ingredients, including Japanese beer to go with the sushi from an Asian supermarket just opened in St Jean de Vedas.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cressida made chicken, Caroline a great salad, Mark and I sushi, dinner was a success; to top it up as dessert Caroline made a fruit salad to go with the six different kinds of ice-cream and sorbets! sure we had to try all the ice creams, they were all yummy, we eat lots.

On Sunday morning despite the rain Philippe and I took the train to Nimes; yes, sometime it does rain in South of France :(

We browsed dans le centre ville and visited churches.
Photobucket
We also visited the famous Nimes arena; arena is and it is till one of the few places in France where there are still allowed corridas. Fete de la Nimes are very popular in France.
Photobucket
Philippe left on Sunday night for Paris; we are going to Paris next week, so we will meet again soon.

I was tired, but what a great weekend!

No comments: