Friday, May 30, 2008

Wandering in Montpellier and starting to say au revoir

Living in Montpellier for almost 3 month we feel pretty much “at home”. We know our neighborhood and downtown really well. When I walk on street and browse in the store people always address me in French, which make me think that I look really French, especially now that I have very short hair :)

It come to my mind that we don’t like to move and change places because it is so dam hard – emotionally! like it or not you get attached to new friends, place, city, street, coffee shops, bookstores, churches.

My last days here I am wandering kind of aimlessly in the city; we done lots, but I feel that I should have done more and spend more time in places. I love Book In Bar, I should have spend more time there!
Photobucket
Yesterday Mark and I went to have coffee by our favorite church; it is his favorite church and also mine.
Photobucket
We went to this church for a Mozart concert in the evening, and it was beautiful, the music has such a good acoustic in the church. I stopped at this church several times in my walks. It is something about this church that I like: I am not religious at all, but somehow in this church I can sit still and meditate a bit….I told Mark the other day that as I was sitting in the church one day a light came to my mind…Mark was teasing me…”was the light Jesus?” no, just kind of a peaceful feeling that I am OK, and the fact that I am here so far from home and I am not sure where I am going next is OK too….
Photobucket
Yesterday night we also had dinner in the centre de la ville, in a nice restaurant. Since we moved here, we eat mostly at home, so we decided that before we leave here we deserve a nice dinner. I would compare Montpellier prices with Vancouver prices, it is just the exchange rate that makes everything here expensive; a euro is 1.6 dollar or sometimes even more.

The restaurant, the food, the waiter – everything was very good; I had caviar de aubergines, blanquettes du veau and creme brulee. It was a great evening….I can say that just by looking at my big grin. (this pictures was taken by putting the camera on the water bottle, so Mark head is sticking out from the other side of the table and the umbrella).
Photobucket
After dinner we went to see a free concert in pleine air at the Esplanade d'Europe. There were tons of people there, the event and the crowds reminded me of the Fire Works envenings from back home.

We walked slowly at home enjoying the evening....
Hmmm....one more picture in the Place the La Comdie at night and the Opera in the backround.
Photobucket

1 comment:

mustang said...

i hope you've appreciated your last concert in Montpellier.
Said