Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Visiting Seville

I was in Seville nine years ago when I was on a Spain and Portugal tour. I still remember a few places in town, I am happy to be back here.
Seville is one of the most beautiful places that I have visited: cathedrals, churches, monuments, architecture, colorful terracottas, tiles, verandas, streets, orange trees, olive trees, terasasas, tapas, sangria, fashion, people……
Photobucket
We were in Seville for three days, we walked pretty much every where in the city; I never cease to wonder every time I walked by the Holy Cathedral Church of Seville, Girolda Tower and the main Plaza.
Photobucket
Photobucket
At night Seville is beautifully illuminated, I could keep walking for ever just to look at the building and lights.
Photobucket
We eat out every evening, always tapas and Sangria. I could eat lots of tapas and drink lots of Sangria, we had to use our common sense to stop eating and drinking. We promised that when we go home in the summer we will have many Sangrias :)
Photobucket
In France as well as in Spain I was impressed by the variety of yogurts and dairy desserts that are available in grocery stores. We have yogurts, but the variety here is much greater; and we don’t have these kind of dairy desserts made by Danone, Nestle, like puddings, chocolate toffees, custards, truffles, tiramisu. Today we had a very yummy desert lemon ice cream in an actual lemon.

Tomorrow we are off to Morocco. It is going to be interesting…….hmmm, not sure how I feel, a bit scared, worried but also curios and ready for a new experience.

We bought the tickets from Seville to Tarifa 16 Euros one way.

No comments: