Friday, September 19, 2008

Syria to Jordan- Amman

It was a Ramadan Friday morning when I crossed the border from Syria to Jordan; barely any cars on the road which was very nice.

I went to Amman by service taxi; service taxi operates between the 2 countries. The way it works, as soon as taxi has 4 people taxi is full and is leaving. I was with Hiroki, Japanese guy that I met at the hostel; in the taxi there were already 2 guys: a Turkish and a Jordanian guy. Jordanian guy was a doctor and spoke English, He helped us through all the customs formalities. I paid 500 Syrian pounds for my exit visa from Syria and 10 Jordanian Dirham for Jordanian visa. Officers at both customs were very nice. Jordanian customs checked the car and everything inside the car.

It takes 3 hours by car from Damascus to Amman and it costs us$16.00 dollars.

No comments: