Friday, September 26, 2008

Jordan to Israel

Amman is an Ok city but not to much to see and to do; as I am stuck here until I get my Indian visa I decided to go to Israel. I have been told that I have have a Syraian visa on my passport Iwill not be allowed to enter Israel but I was thinking that is worth to try.

I left Amman on a service taxi with 2 Palestinian students that I met in my hostel. At Jordanian border we had to get off the taxi and had to go through customs. There was a huge line up of people. A policeman came up to me and told me that I am in the wrong line up. I am a foreigner and I was supposed to be in a foreigner line up. I went to the other line of the buildings; this line up was long as well; many tourists to visit Israel. After about half an hour I got my Jordanian exit visa.

After we got on a blue bus; only blue buses operates between the border, there are no taxis allowed.

First Israeli check point -an officer got on the bus and checked passports.
Second check point - we all had to get off the bus and have our passports checked.

we arrived at Israeli boder, wwe had to hand in our bags and passports. It was very chaotic, people were coming from everywhere with tones of bags; there iwas lots of shouting and pushing around.

Finally I got my bag and my passport checked again; now I was in line for customs and immigration. I was in line for 3 hours; when my turn I was barely asked any questions; I got my Israelei visa in a few minutes.

On the other side of the border I took the shared taxi to Jerusalem. Susan's husband Uzi came and picked me up.

I spend the evening with Susan's family; it was really good to see her and meet haer family. We had a wonderful traditional Israeli dinner.

No comments: