Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jordan - Amman - bad day

Sept 25 was a very bad day :(

I was supposed to fly to India this morning at 4:00 am. I went to the airport at midnight, and try to check in at 2:00 am. When checking in the guy at the counter asked for my Indian visa. I didn't apply for an Indian visa because for whatever reason I assumed that I could get visa upon arrival in Delhi. Apparently India doesn't issue any visas at any border. So I was declined to board the plane.

At 4:00 am I took a taxi back to Amman. All hotels were closed, it took me a while to find a hotel that will open the door.

At 9:00 am I went to the Indian Embassy; it takes 5 working day for a visa. I filledSept out the application and paid 30 Euros.

After I went to change my flight; I paid 78 Euros, and next available flight out of Amman is Thursday Oct 2.

I paid already for India tour that starts on Sept 27, at this moment it looks that I am not going to make it for the tour.

On the more happier note everyone here has been absolutely wonderful and trying to help; the lady at the Indian Embassy, the hotel manager, the airline reservation agent.

Today I am not happy :( I can't believe that I have created all this mess.

No comments: