Friday, September 12, 2008

Syria - Aleppo

Aleppo is the 3rd largest cities in Syria; is also one of the oldest inhabitated city in the world.

I got up in the morning; it was a Ramadan Friday morning in a muslim country, there was not a soul around, it seemed that city is deserted. I wanted a coffee so badly....hmmm, nothing I could do, just I was sitting on the roof terrance looking at the city; what a city, everything is grey, only a few dusty green patches.

Around 9 am I decided to go out and browse around; close to the citadel there were a few restaurants and wow! one was open :)

I asked the young waiter if they have Cappuccino, and he said yes; I was so sure he didn't understand me I asked again, and he said yes again. I was soooooo Happy, I have been drinking nesscafe for such a long time....Cappuccino was just perfect, I had such a great morning.

Citadel in Aleppo is something; I took lots of pictures.

Afternoon we visited more of the old city and also the Christian part of the city. Muslim part and the Christian part of the city are very different.

No comments: